Sunday, September 04, 2005

Week Ten+

Love the rockwork! Love the rockwork! Love the rockwork! This picture gives you a close up of the rock work around the windows. The rock guys will have to come back and take care of a few details still. Like, this one, of course. Notice that the window ledge is not quite cemented in place. This at least gives an impression of how it will look when complete.

Most of the rockwork, however, is done. It came out really nice didn't it?


We have a floor now for the back porch, too. We went with Trex. This was a big decision. I wanted to reduce the termite attractiveness of the house and wood composite was the way to go. The only decision was which brand. Since Trex came out a few years ago, the number of wood composites in the marketplace have multiplied enormously. There are bunches of choices and depending on who carries what, you can get any number of opinions about which is best. In the end, we went with Trex because it has been around the longest, it came in the colors I liked, and it has a good rep. I also like it that is is made of recycled material.

The bathtub is also in. This bathtub is cast iron by Kholer. Muchas Gracias to Morales Plumbing in Fredericksburg, for ordering it for me and give me a good price on it. I wanted an old fashioned feel to this bathroom. We have beaded board on the walls. It will be painted white. Eventually, we will also have a pedestal sink and porcelein door knob to round out that old fashioned look.

And here is the light is up in the kitchen. Again, we are going for a look that is a bit more old fashioned but in the kitchen, I wanted to make sure we had plenty of light. I am thinking that because of the high ceiling, this might be an issue. This is a nine light fixture.

And in the dining room, this light was hung. I am especially fond of this light. I purchased it when a good friend sold her business (Hill Country Design Center in Fredericksburg). At the time that I bought this fixture, I had no house or even an inclination of when it might be built. I just loved the fixture.

And the big honking, heavy wood stove insert is now in place. I bought this back when another friend closed his wood stove business in Fredericksburg. Again, I had no idea when we would be building but could not pass up a good deal. Every one tells me this is too much stove for the house. Okay. One thing is certain, we will be warm on those bitterly icy days we tend to have here in the Hill Country. Even though it looks the stove pipe is complete, it is not. Because of the way the roof for the porch goes over this spot, the stove pipe will need to be angled away from it abit. The angle is on order. Still more work here.

Of course, Phil wanted me to take a picture of the electric meter at 00000. I almost didn't make it.

Lots of progress and it is looking good. &:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home