Monday, August 15, 2005

Week Almost Eight

We drove out to see the latest progress on the house on Thursday afternoon, August 11th. Our reaction was, "Yippee!" I do not know if we noticed the windows first

or if we noticed the color on the front porch first.

Whichever it was, we loved it. Somehow having a little color and having the windows in makes it feel more like our house. Even the back porch had the stucco on it

The stucco is a somewhere between a soft gold and a gentle yellow. I think it will bring out the yellow in the rock beautifully. By the way, all the exterior trim was painted the same color.
When we went inside, we discovered that all the walls have been painted. I chose a soft creamy color to make the place feel warm and comfortable. I like it so much better than the stark white.

We also noticed that we had a few doors hung already. This one is for the back bedroom.

Notice that little angled thingy in the upper right hand corner above the door. That's sort of an extra. At least that's how I like to think of it. I asked for my closets to be a bit larger than the original plans specified. This meant that this airconditioning duct suddenly became visible. The contractor just boxed it in and finished it. I'm thinking that with a little contrasting color and a few boxes of various shapes, sizes and colors, this will turn into a neat little place for my cat to hide and a visual curiosity.
Of course, we had to go visit the master bedroom, too. I love the extra windows more and more.

The crew that makes all the trim and paints it has also been at work. All the trim will be white. You will see more of that next week.
&:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home